Friday, January 25, 2008

Wanna Cat? Neither do I!

Before you scroll to the following pictures, let me assure you of a few things.
1) I have NEVER asked for or gone to get a cat (well, not since Troy brought home Pogo and Jasper in hopes of diverting any interest in human babies).
They have been gone many many years now.
2) I am NOT an animal rights advocate in the political arenas of the world (this "green" stuff is really sorta frightening to me... people are more important than things, or animals!) I believe that we are to desire a heart like our LORD'S, Who "sees even the sparrow when it falls".
3) I believe in spaying and neutering any ANIMAL that might bring unwanted others into this world. We do that any cat we can catch!
4) I wonder why my heart never gets harder with the tragedy of rejection that I see over and over on this country road of ours.
(maybe more you should know, but I'll get on with the reason for this post.)
Below you will see what greeted me as I stepped out my door on this icy January morning.
Do you see the black one with a crooked tail? She is the latest of the rejects at my house. The came in with a broken tail unable to make her back legs walk correctly, and incredibly emaciated. She would have died in a couple more days (I wonder would that have been better?) It seems that some people think when they've "loved" an animal though the cuteness of kitten/puppyhood and they get too messy, too big, or too expensive, it's time to get another, or just "dispose" of the current problem. Country roads appear to be the most convenient HIDDEN fix to an impulsive problem. Again, let me tell you... I've NEVER intentionally (or unintentionally!) bought, or chosen any CAT!!!!
Yes it is rather early, early enough that their eyes blaze in the dimness.
This one is spayed (we caught her... as are any that we can catch!) her name is Toulous. Troy has an idea for a TRADE with the city folks......
How 'bout we take our problems to the streets of the city?
Wonder if city folks would appreciate and take care of the problems that country life brings our way?
Well, don't worry, this black and white (who was caught trying to act as if he fit right into the feline population) was on a catch and release program..... WAY out to the back of the property, away from kids and people! No, it was merely a passing thought (although pretty appropriate huh?) to return the favor of those ... those..... those.... PEOPLE!!!!! Thank you, I don't need any more CATS!!!!! Does anyone out there want a good mouser? We've got plenty!
Okay, now that I've vented, I'm better. I know that NONE of you reading this would EVER be guilty of this, so I am preaching to the chior. Thanks for letting me sound off, maybe I should write the paper, ya think?