I had a SITUATION!!! (as my friend Gaye would say!)
The Iphone my precious husband got for me (one of the first ones sold in our town I might add), was refusing to sync!
For those of you like I, this means when I hook it up to the computer to get my music and pictures (THE REASON for the phone in the first place for me!!!) it gave me the message, "disk could not be read or written to". What is that supposed to mean? It had not made this choice for me in any of my many sync times past, what is it's deal now??? so you know the next step... oh boy, who is going to answer the phone for service??? how long will I wait, and how many times will I be required to repeat the same words over and over and over because they don't understand TEXAN in India! After beginning this ordeal mid afternoon with a jovial, if not a little dense Canadian fellow, then transferred to a sweet but conversationally handicapped Indian lady,
*after turning off and on my computer multiple times,
*doing maneuvers in my computer files like a fighter pilot on a direct hit mission,
*checking and unchecking a myriad of "boxes" in much hidden places,
*resetting factory settings and so many other odd requests,
I WAS AT MY WITS END!!! MY LAST NERVE HAD BEEN TWEAKED WAY TOO MANY TIMES, and I WAS FIT TO BE TIED!
I was working under the assumption that this SITUATION was about my Iphone not syncing, but I was mistaken.
The sweet middle Eastern lady finally connected me to her "supervisor" (that's supposed to sound like he's right down the hall).... 30 minutes on HOLD!!! (yes, I was desperate for a fix!)
I was connected to Chris.....(do you think he knew that when he picked up that call he had a tiger by the tail?)
I was ...... well, I need not say how I was!
I had just decided all I wanted was a box to ship this little annoyance into someone else's expert hands... just give me a shipping box!!!!
Nope, this guy wanted to FIX IT!!! (isn't that so MALE???)
so again, with his very patient (if not a bit sugary) voice led me through the fix it dance of on/off, find it click it, delete it, restore it, do it again! I hate that dance!
But as we went through the motions, there were pause times and in those times I decided this was an American living in California, and I'd talk to him (yes, I was NICE)
I found out he was 32, married for 2 years, and not too fond of windows XP, store bought computers, or anything that he didn't personally check out... (hence his job as "supervisor"???)
I also found the REASON for my SITUATION...
I'd been on the phone this last time for about 1 1/2hours and he was finally coming to the root of the problem (hard to do with him the brain, me the hands, and several geographical miles between us). At that point the statement I'd made was "you must not be a Dad." to which he responded... "judge not".......
curious, I asked him what he knew of Scripture (a risky question as I'd just gotten shot down from saying something like "I'll just pray that the Lord lets you get this thing fixed"...to the first two service folks... silence met me and a quick change of subject)
but not this time,
Chris responded, "I am a preacher in my other time".......hummmmm suddenly the tone and atmosphere of the conversation shifted. I was redirected!
I asked him, so what do you think of the state of the "church" right now from your location? (yes, physical and spiritual... but I waited to hear)
He said, "I'm not too fond of 'church' right now... well, maybe I should say I'm not too fond of 'religion' right now."
I heard this man's heart, I heard a brilliant mind in the world and a heart in love with Jesus, I heard someone wounded on the way to places he felt he'd been called. No, he didn't have to say all those words, but yes, I heard this and in hearing I KNEW why I had a situation. It wasn't about my Iphone's sync, it wasn't about my going through Canada, India and back to the USA in several hours of my day, it wasn't even about my discomfort.... it was about Chris and my being who I am called to be in the Body of Christ even on a phone call across the country to someone I never met.
God sets things up like that, it's all about what His plans are and about my saying, "Lord whatever, whenever, whoever... I wanna do it Your way, not mine." God doesn't take those declarations of mine (or yours) casually. He is a God Who does what He says, ALWAYS, and He desires me to be on the same page. His children and His plans for them are not casually considered, they have been since before the foundations of the world, and Chris on this day needed me to be just what I am.... a "clearing house", an encourager, (one who sees what's not visible and hears what is never spoken)... weird, but that can only happen when the physical scales drop from our eyes to see from the vantage point of Heaven. Would that I did it more than I do, but MANNNNNNNNNNN what a trip (can you hear my hippie days comin through??) ... God is so awesome, and He let me see a "situation" turn into an "appointment". I know each of you has similar stories, and believe me when I tell you, it will be happening more and more to any of us who is asking to be used. Chris, if you ever read this, know that you are called by the LORD of LORDs, and that His calling is what affords you the grace to respond beyond the bounds of man or religion. It is what will give you the confidence to go forward and be what He's created you to be not what the world expects you to be. You will be Father to warrior children, and you will be a Light in the darkeness. You will be because God says so in your life... I pray you always hear HIM louder than any other voice. Hallelujah, we serve the ONE Who was and is and is to come! Yall have a great day and may we all see :)



