Sunday, January 6, 2008

My Epiphany

What a lovely day this day was! Red roses, friends, family, and things done just for me, in my "love languages"! Thank you for being multilingual my precious ones! I'm thinking there will be more than I can write right now, but I must post on this day for obvious reasons!
Today is Epiphany:
piph·a·ny
1.(initial capital letter) a Christian festival, observed on January 6, commemorating the manifestation of Christ to the gentiles in the persons of the Magi; Twelfth-day.
2.an appearance or manifestation, esp. of a deity.
3.a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.
4.a literary work or section of a work presenting, usually symbolically, such a moment of revelation and insight.
I am thinking that this 3rd definition is one that speaks to my heart about the coming year for me... a revelation! something uncovered, taken out of hiding, answered, REVEALED if you will. This will be a year of epiphany, revelation!
I awoke with a thought (yes, Troy says that's nothing new or unusual in Carla Land), but the thought was... what is the difference in "faith" and "risk"? As that contemplation progressed, there came to me a passage that is frequenting my brain often these days, and it simply fit into the question's progression.
Matthew 15: 14 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. "
a city on a hill CANNOT BE HIDDEN...
Light can do nothing but be what it is, the darkness has no option but to retreat when light is doing what it is intended to do. (DO YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIGHT?)
There are some HUGE things here, but for me, it is about my epiphany... the revelations that will be coming this year. The answers to questions that may have been poised for just this particular time and season. I know there is more, but for now, I had to write a beginning on this day, January 6, 2008, Epiphany.
By the way, it never said "without risk it is impossible to please God"
.... hummmm interesting how the world twists the simplest of God's Truth!
Bless yall today and the remainder of 2008.