Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Serendipity songs and the strange Sticker...

What an unusual day !
Em and I were meeting at Circuit City at 9:15AM
(I'm assured that ours will STAY!!)
for
some last minute shopping.
(Yes, I'm almost completely done!!)
It didn't open till 10~... so off to Target to compare a price or two.
We'd just heard the horrific news of the Black Friday death at Wal-Mart
with the shoppers
rushing to "get the best deals"...
how horrible, and I was still thinking about what this said about us, Americans and our selfish desires (not to mention the CEOs of the major 3 auto industries asking for handouts for their own mishandling!!!! okay, I won't go there!!!)
Anyway, I walked into Target early and heard the sweetest music.
There were very few people there, but I saw the familiar red of the employees as a group gathered at the front of the store.
All shopping had halted!
I'll... just run in, pick it up and check out... had been replaced with
STOP... Listen...Breathe
It was the sweet sound of Christmas... a gift from the Woodsen Bell Choir.
As you scroll down this page you will see WHY it was truly a gift... this was NOT a simple musical task for this group! Enjoy!
Then... after my morning had been graced with this bit of PEACE...
I was to meet Marcus for
MY CHRISTMAS PRESENT from Troy!
I get to have the tree eater.. clear a small area of http://www.besttreeservicellc.com/media.phtml
cedar trees so that my glorious red oaks, sumacs and red buds will live and be seen! YEAH!
BUT... once again, SURPRISE!!!
I was checking out the places I'd walk Marcus through to do an estimate and there by the little muddy tank was something... SOMETHING... most strange!
My over 50 eyes often are not as reliable as my 20 year old ones were, so I didn't know if it was a bush, or something dead that needed Troy's attention!
THEN... It MOVED!
slowly! methodically...
IT MOVED!!!
It had dug a little hole by the water and had been getting a morning drink...
He slowly turned around and began his trek to where ever these little creatures go during the day. I could have missed him... He looked alot like the dead bull nettle around the tank... and perhaps about as raggedy as the spent plants...
But... SURPRISE... once again for the day...
This little sloth like creature told me the same story as the unexpected bell choir...
STOP... LOOK AROUND... LISTEN....
there is much to see and hear
IF ... I don't let the world's view of the season invade God's reason for the season!
*be sure to listen and watch the 2 videos at the end... sweet!~







Don't let the sounds of the world that "sing" so dischordantly loud drown out the often quieter voices of the singers dropped into our moments to show us glimpses of
the season about which the angels sang!

May we all find that
PEACE... BE STILL...
is truly the mode of our days in this blessed season!
Happy HOLYdays!