Thursday, December 25, 2008

Books, Rifles, Bows, and Christmas traditions

what a way to start Christmas Eve????
Yes... he's done this before, and I think I was his first experiment!
Mashed fingers call for desperate measures (no not the huge drill bit that he brought out first,
but the little drill worked fine). All the kids gathered around to watch!
KIDS!!! ??? Will's finger got better with the pressure off!

Guns were the greatest present... KG knew they'd be a hit when she picked them!
Butterflies, treasure boxes and a whipped cream maker like Starbucks... I couldn't have asked for more! Especially the words that accompanied the gift!


On to Nana's for the traditions that will last through generations!

Golden Books... chosen every year for each person...
words inside meaning much more than those of the author!

The warmth of the season was apparent everywhere
A new friend from the Netherlands... Marloes...
Mommies hugging children
Grandmommies rocking babies

Clay gives climbing lessons offering successes for each child...
How many times have little hands and feet found just the right footing to
get to the top?! and then.. the "mountain climber" who
has held his place for as long as I can remember being in this house.
Wasn't he a Christmas gift long long ago?
The children's table is now two little red tables and the big people table is now "tableS".
Nana knows exactly how to entertain...
she is the ultimate hostess, and we see her gifts being passed down and
replicated in granddaughters and even great granddaughters.

Part of her decorations were just too fun to leave on the mantel.
Can we take them home Nana?
Well certainly... in fact, take two!
Then Christmas morning... we started with a cow in the front yard
No, he wasn't supposed to be there!
He escaped thinking that the deer blocks looked too tempting, and
besides, there were great friends, the kitties just begging to play!
Jim hats were a hit! even though we will need to take off the bow? what were the designers thinking anyway?? boys, bows... NO!

I love stockings... I love the fun little things that you have to search to find...
I love... welllllll
I just love Christmas!
and probably the common theme of this Christmas was
"Tools of a Warrior"
rifles,
knives (with the real blades super glued in place)
bow and arrows
hammers and nails...
tools of a warrior...
wonder what that means???? or if it is simply
Christmas 2008?
Thank YOU Jesus for choosing to clothe your glory in flesh!
Thank You Father for giving us a choice too!
Thank You Father for always being Who You say You are...
and Thank You Lord for choosing me,
even before I chose YOU!