Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Monday Monday.... in the Spring of the year!

WHAT A FUN MONDAY! TS and I get a "date", and a morning for just us.
After watering the flowers at the cottages
... making sure not to step on the poppies (yeah right!!)
and playing in the sandbox at the those cottages)
We head over to Redbud to meet Nana (Susan) and her grandson for a play date...
There had been a bit of confusion when I told TS that we were going to have a picnic and play
in the sand. That was fine until I mentioned that the friend, Tate, would be coming...
Immediately he said he wasn't going...
Strange, I thought.......Until Em enlightened me...
"There is a Tate in his Preschool who takes his food and snatches his toys!"
OH, that explains the sudden refusal to a lunch play date.
After some negotiations and a pair of Diego sunshade... TS decided this would be okay.
And he found that not all named Tate were toy takers! Some are quite fun!
Then Off to Music Monday... I got to hear a concert of Amazing Grace!
On the road again to Lawn for a t-ball game...
"mom... can we buy this sand pile??? There's clay... REAL CLAY in it!!"
Truly, one man's trash is another man's treasure!
What was up with this COLD north wind!
Didn't stop any of the kids from enjoying another sand pile
(yes, that makes a total of 3 into which TS has delved today!)
... rounding the bases... over and over and over...
... and the prerequisite SLIDE into EVERY base by one who has an older sibling playing Softball!
... Next, 2 more games (one at 7 one at 9)... playoff for the bb league Troy was in....
sometimes you are walking on air!
... sometimes you are jockeying for position....
... and sometimes (in this life:) you are just making it down the court in a routine
with a familiar cadence....
WHAT a MONDAY...
3 sand piles,
new friends,
music lessons and a concert,
first t-ball GAME of the season,
and
2 finals games ending the bb season...
I'd say it was a FULL day of treasured moments in time!