Sunday, April 18, 2010

PK rainy Saturday exclusive with Nana and Pop

A rainy Saturday with nothing pressing to do...
so.... Nana forgot the parsley...
and I decide a surprise visit might just be in order
Everything at PK is dressed in it's springtime best! The Lady Bank shire rose
will always make me think of my mom... I even hear her voice say it in my mind.
The bluebonnets were all over the highways and as I drove in the drive... here they were
for me to see right in our own front yard!
Pop had to stop and show me the one that had grown in the crack of a rock.
Just like him huh? notice those small beautiful things often hidden to others.
They were surprised....
Parsley may have been the excuse, but time by myself was the TRUTH! :)
We drove to PaloPinto... ("sure... this is Mary's.... it just says "Palo Pinto Cafe"")
Then Nana decides to go ask the guy at the Skinny's just where they put "Mary's"..
"since they do have the best chicken fried steak in Texas according to Southern Living"
The guy says... "mam... that's in Strawn, but we can fix ya up with a great hunk of pizza"!
Can you see Nana's face?
We decided the short drive to Strawn was a much better choice than the "hunk of Pizza" so
graciously offered:))))
Nana planted the porch pots and filled the hummingbird feeders..
We went down to the new dock to see all the improvements there!
WOW... can't wait for the kids to see this!
No HUGE dock swing, but oh my goodness... how perfect for this summer!
After Latte, Ebear and I got back to the porch,
All three little doggies waited impatiently for the trolley to bring Nana a Pop back to the house.

AS I get ready to leave... Nana turns on the new lamp....
It was somewhat illustrative of the day I'd had with my mom and dad...
BRIGHT.... a sweet moment in time
and exclusive afternoon prepared just for me with my two precious parents!
I love it that God sets up these times for us as His children...
I got to be my Dad's girl once again....
and I NEVER get too old for that!

Thank you Father for the gift of Godly parents....
I learn more and more to appreciate what they've given and who they are!