Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Scarlett Hair: would I be like that?

This is Scarlett, she is my amazingly beautiful, incredibly intelligent, certified in search and rescue, overcoming cancer, best friend, registered white german sheperd dog! What a pedigree huh? and she's more.......she is the BIGGEST SHEDDER I've ever encountered!
I've just finished my daily routine of removing "Scarlett" from my carpets and every nook and cranny of the house. Yes, SHE IS EVERYWHERE!!! at least the hair she daily sheds is everywhere....little white balls of fluff, or big clumps of shiny white hair on my chairs or carpets. It seems I vacuum up an entire Scarlett every day! OOOOOOH sometimes I get so distressed with this task... telling people, "don't wear black, or you will get to take some of us home with you!"... keep chairs and beds covered with washable blankets so that they can be lifted when people come to visit. yes, you get the picture!
NOW... know this.... I LOVE MY DOG!!!! I WOULD NOT TRADE HER!!!
I was thinking as I did this daily task, I wonder if this is what God would want from me. NO, not that I be a shedder (you guys had better not be laughing about this!!!) ... but that I would be found wherever I went. That part of me would be left to designate my presence and the fact that I am who I am... or better I am Whose I am. When people were with me, that they would take a piece of me through their day, and more, that they'd be glad they'd been where I was.
The Bible suggests that prayers are fragrance, that we are a sweet fragrance.... have you ever walked in behind someone with too much cologne or perfume.... that is not sweet for me, but it is a reminder.... we leave a trail.....would that it would be a welcomed, sweet fragrance.. that would be remembered and even requested again and again.
Lord, let me leave parts of me that reveal the parts of You that others can see..... let me never forget that I leave something always, and help me leave "something" desireable! YOU! amen
Bless you each one today... and always.... be a shedder... a revealer of the LIGHT residing in us! hugging you right now! c :)