Saturday, January 1, 2011

Warm December days, ropings, Peacocks, Rasberries in the Spring

Again I get the 2 little ones all by myself!! Digging at the prayer chapel is almost as fun as a real sand pile in a real sandbox. We gathered rocks along our walk and when we got to the chapel, both EE and TS put their rocks into the hands with prayers for the ones they thought of when they collected the rock. EE was reminded by TS, that she was not tall and needed a rock to stand on to reach the hands:)
I'm glad to know that no matter how tall we are, we can "reach the Hands" of the One to Whom we offer our praise and our requests.
Cowboy church at Moro had a benefit roping this crisp but sunny December weekend. It was fun to watch Moosey on Scooter. He was cautioned that he would be riding on TS's horse and that he better be careful. and WIN!!!
I remember days of horses and brown trucks with these two.
Soon it will be 12 years, or is it 13? I cannot believe the time passes so fast.
I do believe I will be having blackberries and raspberries on these pretty vines beside the greenhouse. That is, unless the guineas and peacocks decide to spy them before I do:)
Troy got me 2 peacocks last month... and due to circumstances beyond my control (they were about to break their necks trying to get out of the pen... so I released them)..
they are the gypsies of the Lemons Gap creek that runs in front of the old Doran homesite.
HA.... and to think.... we are finding evidence of their elusive behavior even back at the prayer chapel tank. They are indeed NOT going to go into a cage EVER again.
Maybe Troy should have found out a bit more about the two besides that their seller was desperately in need of Christmas cash, and he found a guy with a wife who'd love to have her own peacocks.....
Next time a bit more research will possibly allow these guys to stay close enough to see more than their footprints:)