Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hand made presents, mentors teaching apprentices, and Poppy's fingernails:)

This downsized Christmas of 2010 included many hand made presents:)
Like sleep pants for brothers
And coasters for mom and Dad....
KG shows EE how to make the pretty gifts mixing the "concrete" in Tahtee's sink:-O
Frogs has been especially fun for all the family... trading, breeding and racing...TS decides to make sure no one sees exactly what he will be doing with his particular set of the hoppers:)
I love it that I see Em passing on the skill that I remember passing on to her and El...
Fun to watch the generations begin once again and to think...
someday KG may be teaching one how to sew just like her mommy teaches her.
How much fun can a Poppy be?
Not much more than this one....
on our girl day, ALL the nail polishes are out beside the fireplace, and in walks Poppy.
Both girls look at each other and say...
"you can take it off as soon as we finish... PLEASE POPPY, let us paint your fingernails?"
What a good grandad.... when they were finished, I think there was an extra
1/4 inch of polish on each thumb nail, not to mention special glitter and coat after coat of
shiny varnish.... "How much fun"?????
Just enough to put huge smiles on his 2 pretty granddaughter's faces
as they perused their work:))))))