Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Years Day 2011

They ran in the door... dropped their shoes and helmets at the entrance.
(they'd ridden their bikes all the way here, and were now ready for blackeyed peas and cornbread... typical New Year's day fare)
We'd originally thought that we'd have the whole group here, but due to the sicknesses that ran rampant throughout the area from Mesquite, to Lubbock and everywhere in between, we kept our celebratory group to a minimum. (Although Wibbie and Moosey did finish the 44 Farms AIing just in time for lunch:)

Dance steps were learned easily and in turn....
and still our little Cochins are offering an egg a day. So fun to find the little treasures in the straw nests...
Troy and I stayed up till the midnight hour for the first time in years....
Troy was watching a movie that at first I thought... (OMGoodness... what horrible images to bring in the New Year) but then I remembered the one part I saw before making my way to bed.
It was a guy's movie... absolutely bloody and warrioresque... 300....
the part I remember was this...
Xerxes was brought up to Leonisis (was that his name??) in all the finery a great Persian king would be expected to have...
The encounter on the screen was stunning... huge spectacular beautiful king meets, scarred, muscled and confident Greek warrior.... The king tells the warrior that he should bow and then they could become partners since the Greeks were going to die anyway at the hand of the Persian army... L says... "don't think I'll bow...and btw... I have warriors who fight side by side with me... you, have SLAVES who are commanded to fight... THAT is why we are beating your 1000's with only 300."... not exactly that, but you get the idea.
Slave or Warrior... the difference is stunning when it comes to battle.
In a time when the BATTLES are begging for our involvement,
could this have been specifically placed at the front of our year?
That was what brought in the New Year here at might house....
Then that morning... on my porch right by my door...
many many many goldfinches right by the door! lovely
Cody had a new lamb
and I got a word about my plans...
"Don't be so set in your plans that they cannot be changed in an instant
at the impulse of the KING."
yes LORD... You alone make the plans...
may I always be flexible to Your touch and ready for Your move!