Saturday, March 28, 2009

Why so serious? Simple Pleasures, No worries, Life is good!

Sometimes
(I have a tendency to be a little serious... surprise surprise!)
It's just nice to stop and remember how blessed I am (we are)
Even if we dressed in flesh are not always faithful to finish, the Lord is!
Maybe being easier on others can allow the Finisher to finish me.
Just to remember the simple things
Like how our Father explodes into color over His world through the different seasons...
or even how He might choose to dress these sweet little critters in
coats of many colors
when He could have just made them all dirt brown...
Or how sunshine sparkles through the boughs of a newly leafed red oak...
....the incomparable blue of the Texas bluebonnet... matched only by the skies above it
... or my grandchildren's sweet eyes!
... the regal look of a Texas longhorn...
gentle but strong
like the men in my life
...Eric the red... now dressed in spring green! He's still the one who sets the standard
for seasonal attire around here!
...Sandy and Randy both display their authority with a typical Texas flair
no need for shouting their power, it is acknowledged by the entire herd without a "word"
being "said"...
...again, like some of my favorite men :)
...simple, no words necessary!
and just to finish
let me say that....
my "friend" Kyle may have just had a good point when he said to me
"carla, I just thought this was going to be a fun thing... I was saddened to see the events
of the times intrude on the simple fun"
(well not in those direct words, but sorta like that after a "status report" on FB....)
I agree.... sometimes in these rather "serious" days
I just need to take a breath and say...
Wow, I'm incredibly blessed....
Wow.... Life is good!
Wow.... I'm glad I'm here
and
Praise the Lord... I'm glad you are too!
SIMPLE...SWEET...PURE... LOVELY
May you be "capped" off with JOY today... and know that life is good because the ONE WHO gives good things is the ONE in charge!