Sunday, March 15, 2009

Freedom April 9-12, Haggadah

The word "haggadah" means to tell....
The Passover is a story of Freedom...so
The holiday, our Easter is about FREEDOM from the bondage.
What is our "freedom" becoming today?
What do I consider "freedom"?

America.... the land of the FREE, the home of the BRAVE...
we are a nation established
on God..
"one nation, under GOD, indivisible, with liberty and justice for ALL"
I am thinking about this NOW... today.... what does our FREEDOM mean to us? to me?
The three questions posed (usually by a child) at a Jewish Seder meal are these (and others):
1) Who are we?(who are sitting around this table)
2) Where did we come from?
3) What do we stand for?
Ours is a story of freedom!... Ours is a country based on FREEDOM...
Ours is a GOD of liberty in Him
Lord, may I not ever forget the cost of freedom... for this country,
but more, the price YOU paid for my very life.