Thursday, May 29, 2008

my niece, A's story as told by her mom!


I just had to post this "letter" from my niece, Hannah. I told her.... "you Mommies.... wow, you better know how much what you say is heard!"......but more importantly.....listen to what her almost 2 year old considered before "paying".......listen to how miss A determined she was supposed to be supplied with what she thought she needed.... I'm thinking this household has proven by example the way and through Whom all good things come: Thanks Hannah for letting me post this gem of a moment in time!

Well, yesterday Aliyah and I were making a trip through Sam's. One of her favorite places because of the "bites" that they give away there! Well, we must have just missed the "bite" ladies because no one was giving away anything. Aliyah kept asking where the "bites" were because being the smart mom I am I had talked it up before we got there. Anyway, it was getting close to lunch and nap time and Aliyah kept asking for "bites." It wasn't making it any easier that one of the things on my list to get were her snacks. I had put animal crackers in the basket and she kept asking to get into them. I kept telling her "not until we pay for them," which has always been our rule. Aliyah being a little strong willed kept asking and I kept responding, "not until we pay for them." Well after the 10th time she finally looked at me and took my hands, bowed her head, and started "dear Jesus...." It was at that point I realized that my Texas accent must be pretty bad for her to hear "pray" and not "pay"!!! I love the way kids have a way of thinking so simply and can bring a laugh to a stressful trip the grocery store!!
Love you all, Hannah