Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day & "the real deal"

What a beautiful beautiful day this sweet Mother's Day is... Last night, we'd been to the rodeo with precious ones who hold my heart, and this morning.....Troy's alarm awakened me... I thought, "this is Sunday (my morning ritual to say the day of the week as I awaken... weird I know), and why is the alarm going off?" Troy was up and busy......I didn't even realize it was Mother's Day, until Scarlett set her big ole white head on my side of the bed and nuzzled me good morning. But strange.....Troy was up doing STUFF!!! and I got up to "help"... as I walked in, there was Em in her PJs with a bag in her hands... then my Elly walked in (she was the only girl on the praise team today, so she did both services) dressed for "church".
Em said... Happy Mother's Day Mom,
can we have coffee with you this morning?"
You may not understand the significance of this, but no matter how many generations come after and no matter how much of your heart they hold, a mother is only "Mother" to ones God places in her arms in the beginning of that name!
My girls wanted to have coffee with me........
OH YES>>>>>> OH YES>>>>> what a gift!
(I thank their husbands and their families for giving me this gift too.......
on the day that they too had planned for my "babies", the Mommies of their homes)
Em said... "moms 'believe'... so we picked this cup for your coffee"
Funny, I'd just been thinking... "Troy is 'the keeper of the keys' as Father" (long history of that title), and "I wonder what mother's 'keep'?" THIS was the beginning of our coffee conversation this wonderful morning over coffee with my girls.
Dreams.... Hope... BELIEVE!
My grandchildren had made personalized and perfectly "them" plates for me... do they really think these will be utilized for food??? just my spirit's fare, I assure you! I love the "righteousness" word penned by KG... "richnice".... lovely... thank you for not correcting the spelling! and a dinosaur from SJ, and Penguin from TR... such treasures!
Another little mother waited for me by the door with her sweet one in tow!
And God gave me a bouquet....... what could be more lovely?
Then Troy... (who'd gone back to bed for me to have time with my girls.....thank you sweetheart for your heart that knows mine!).......then Troy told me....."I just can't wait till our anniversary... I'm giving you our anniversary present now!"
an open heart with 2 perfect gems centered between 2 and 3 more perfect gems......
he knew what my heart held!
I love it my hero who holds this heart of mine.........I love it!
You've always know what to do to touch me most deeply,
and still you never cease to surprise me with more!
As he gave it to me he said......."they are the real thing Carla!" to which I said...
"I know that.....it is the only way you'd do it!"

and he said it again.... "Carla, what I mean is... yes, the gems are real, but the ones they represent are REAL!!!"

Interesting thing......... a few days earlier we'd been at dinner with several boisterous friends talking about "American Idol" and the young 16 year old who seems to be so tender and pure... one of the men there said... "he just CANNOT be that innocent! there has to be something else we are not seeing"....... I'd already been thinking about

"the REAL deal"

and what a tribute that is when someone tells me "you know... he/she is the 'real deal'". It's one of those things everyone would want said about themselves. At least it's something I'd desire to be know as........"you know that lady... what you see is real.... she is 'the real deal'".... and then Troy, this morning.....repeats the phrase that had been spoken to me for these last few days.

"Carla, what I mean is that the ones those gems represent are REAL"

Yes Troy, I agree....... our tree has produced good fruit......and the ground from which it has grown is solid and filled for years before and beyond it's planting with good things.

I am blessed today! so blessed.....

Indeed precious ones.........it is a happy happy Mother's Day!