Who are these two young lovers? and was it really only 33 years ago?
You tiptoed onto my front porch leaving 3 carnations.... haven't you always been the romantic at heart?
... and all the things that have whispered your love for me from that first gift of little green glass poodles and miniature wine pitcher... until now... my heart holding the treasures beyond any worldly price!
You certainly didn't look like someone to be trusted... you always looked a little dangerous... but then, aren't the safest most dependable places sometimes the hardest and even the most treacherous to reach?
and then the infamous 3 carnations!!!! I'll not ever forget!
I still hold your arm like this.... so tightly because I know... it is where I belong!
You've gone so many places with me
and some are yearly treks... Padre will always be one of the best places... it holds so many memories for me......and almost all 33 years there is at least one, from this place, since the first time you went with us... (can we ever forget taking all those senior girls and we were barely older than they.... Emily was just a baby, and Jenn..........once again, you were trusted with treasures beyond any wealth!)
Then we were not just the two of us....
or the three of us
But no matter what changes in the world around us, some things remainYou will always hold the KEY to my heart
You will always be noble in my eyes
You will always be the safest place I know
You will always be the calm for any storm the world brings
You will always be...
You will always be...
You will always be.......my hero......my love........the "chain that holds my heart"
(thanks SJ for that analogy!)



