Sunday, May 4, 2008

Mother's Day (strange way to see???)

I'd just been telling Troy about a mother I'd spoken with earlier this week. It seems she has a pregnant 16 year old daughter and there is no money available for doctors or anything else involved with getting a baby into the world. This mom told me... "I know what's gonna happen... and I'm too old to raise a baby! I even asked the people 'if I kick her out can she get something paid for?' and they told me NO... can you believe that???"
Well, what I couldn't believe was a MOTHER with this response to her daughter, but then its not so uncommon as one might think, and I'm learning this too quickly for my comfort.
I STRONGLY suggested a local Christian adoption agency that would love the girl and the baby and every need she or the baby had would be covered. Little did I know the whole story...
I will tell you that after this next bit of the "story"....
Yesterday, as I was feeding our dwindling number of cats (good and bad!) there appeared another bedraggled outcast. I saw nothing but skin and bones with a huge wound on the back right leg making her drag her leg as she struggled to get to any morsel
left by the healthy feline crew.
She ate.. and ate and ate... and then she left. I figured she must be going to her real home now that she had a bit for the road and clearly this was not her home.... yet ....
she'd found what she needed for now.... here.
Then, this morning, as Troy left to pick up his golf guys from the airport, Scarlett and Latte went nuts... I thought "it must be someone coming by for coffee"... but as I looked outside... here came the hurt yellow cat.....with something in her mouth......I thought from the distance it must be a big bird, but then I knew she couldn't move or jump to catch anything...
and she was hobbling up on 3 legs.
As she got closer I saw her treasure...

It was a single VERY healthy black calico kitten! That wounded, barely able to walk or feed herself momma cat had carried her kitten from way across fields, the road, and all the way down our drive up to the place she'd found help.

She had to drop the kitten every 4 yards or so,

but finally she got her baby to a safe place.

THAT IS ONE TOUGH MOMMA~

and then I thought of the mom on the phone...

"I asked them if I could just kick her out and she could find help on her own"...... a 16 year old daughter 3 months pregnant, and pretty wounded herself... (I learned that she'd been beaten, abused since she was 12 and hurt physically and emotionally most of her young life.... she'd NEVER been protected... and now, she was pregnant......she said "absolutely no abortion"... she was going to protect the one thing she could... even if it wasn't herself....
the MOMMA rose up! and said....
NOT MY CHILD!!!")........
The contrasts were stunning.........
how could something without a soul understand Motherhood better than
we who were created in the image of God?
I am praying that this young girl will find a place of safety for her and her baby, and that there will be hands of God reaching out to hold her in all the places that HE will set up for her journey into motherhood. I pray for this child too.......may the hands and arms meant to hold this one be known and permission granted as the will of God is done on earth as it is in Heaven. amen
Bless all of you MOMs who are doing such an amazing job! You touch my heart tenderly~