Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day 2008

Interesting day this day should be... and I fully expect to have an additional posting tonight

(or early morning tomorrow).

I know that many of you, as I, have been listening, reading, searching the various medias available as to what is "real"; what is the "truth"; and for me;

what does it mean to be called "American"?
Am I the "image" of the majority of my country?
well... that is yet to be seen, and one small facet may be revealed tonight.
Did I vote with the majority?
Of which part of our great land am I aligned?
no more questions for now... there was something that occurred to me in the
wee hours of my morning.
Things are NOT always what are SEEN or HEARD with your physical senses.
2 cases in point were brought to my heart.
#1 Troy and I were anticipating the birth of our second child.
Boy name was already decided.. well, sort of...
Lars, Troy, or Daniel or some combination thereof... and the girl name was Kathleen.
The day came (4 days earlier than her 2 week early scheduled C-sec... so just like her!!)
They brought her to me and Troy... we looked into that lovely little victorianesque face... perfect in it's porcelain smoothness.
Troy left for work, and they brought her to me... along with the papers to record her name for
social security and documentation.
I looked at her face again,
and
she was not Kathleen....
she was Ellena Kristin (her great great Scandinavian grandmother's name)
YES.. I did do it... and Troy was not there.
I wrote the name on the paper, because it was hers.
We'd not discussed it, nor had it really been an issue. Troy came in expecting to see his little Kathleen, and met once again... the truth of who she is... our little Ellena Kristin.
It was right, and my precious wonderful husband...
allowed me to make the choice with his agreement.
#2 there was a small congregation of believers who was meeting to set it's "government" and those necessary committee things in order.
It felt rather chaotic in the choosing... "yes, you are in that committee", "all in favor", "I nominate", "okay, now we need to choose___", and on and on... WAY TOO quickly for me, but there were those with much more wisdom and authority than I. Although I did get to suggest not having 3 of the same family on one committee (although ALL THREE were HIGHLY qualified, thus their nominations!). Details are not normally my forte, but in this instance it was just glaring. Campaigning was going on everywhere..
each feeling strongly in their opinions for something as close to their hearts as a "church".
It came time for the "name"... many voices were very strongly in favor of something with "spring" or "evergreen", or "fountain",in the name... beautiful life words,
but it was noticed that there were only a few making opinions known or registered...
Was this group really going to vote ONLY on these few choices?
Then... a wonderful thing happened..
The Holy Spirit stepped in to this precious body and through it's spokesman suggested..
"Let's just take a moment and pray, then... each person here write a name on the paper and we'll gather the papers and see what we see".
The names that had been shouted out were NOT the name that got written the most in this group of about 60 or so people.
Overwhelmingly it was one name... River of Life
Voices heard in the physical could have swayed or limited the choice, but someone listened and responded outside the physical din.
For me, it was unexpected, but clearly right.
Today, as the polls are opening, and the wonderful people of America exercise the privilege of casting their votes, I am wondering....
Obama or McCain?
again.... for me, it is probably inconsequential as I truly believe it is God Who makes the plans and as I follow whatever choices He places in front of me... for me...
I do what is mine to do,
and that is ALL that is required of me.
Listen and See outside the physical and respond from my heart that hears the Lord of my life.
May we each hear the word personally spoken to our hearts for NOW.