
"what are you looking at?"
"do you see that guy in the black shirt?"
"Yes,"
"Yes,"
"Well, it is the same shirt I have, and I am wondering what's on the front of it."
(he has one that says "Protect this house" and one that says "Undeniable")
hemmmmmmm, so I'm wondering why this is something of note....
silly non-athletic female that I am!!!
"Why?" I ask....seriously wondering!!!!
"Because.... I'm thinking.... if it has the same logo as mine...
there is a problem here...!"
again, with the serious query.... "why?"
It would seem that "protect this house" is a basket ball term relative to the
"in your face" sort of mentality about "nobody comes into MY house and messes it up"......
or something to that line of thinking.
(You must forgive my lack of recognition of these most important sorts of details... I merely thought the shirt was neat.... Dads/ Grandads protect the houses... so I got it... as well as one for both W and JC.... I really didn't know the implications beyond this!)
Maybe I should heed SJs mandate of late..
"YOU BETTA RECOGNIZE!!!!"
(so cute to hear this little 3 year old say it!)
anyway... so I'm watching this guy in old dingy white sweat pants, and this very stretched black UA shirt (like Troys, WD and JCs).......hoping that as he turns around what is there will still allow Troy to wear the shirt!
YEAH... a plain black front met our view!
I asked Troy what all this meant.... and he said...
"Carla... it is a wise man who knows that you don't put on a shirt that says "above the rim" (one of the other shirts I unwittingly purchased a few years earlier) when you need a step ladder to reach the rim... or don't put on a shirt that reads "undeniable" when it's "deniable" as you put it on... you just need to know the truth about your skills when you're our age."
*guess that explains why he doesn't wear them to the gym... always wondered that*
Yeah right.... like my wonderfully athletic husband who still loves the game enough to make it to the gym 3 mornings a week at 5:30 AM to play basketball with guys mostly half his age who call him the "old guy"......with a certain measure of respect I might add (yes, it is a wife's perspective and prerogative isn't it?).... heheheh... he may shoot me for writing this one... but oh well..... it was just a funny moment in the life of me and my forever young husband......
I sorta like him that way!
He was ever the humble player who let the other guys get the glory on the court with great passes he had delivered to them...
guess he still holds that to be a rule of his game even at 55.
I still love the way he plays the game!



