Occasionally there are traditions that choose themselves, at least it appears that way to me, and this is just one of those things. Since my oldest daughter's (the first of my parent's grandchildren) entrance and introduction to "society", it seems that the Country Club has been the place of choice for new mommies. Our youngest great-nephew is no exception. On Saturday, Aug. 9th, our little M.C. J. made his debut into life on earth, and today, his entrance to society was marked by the "traditional" CC meal with family.

It is always a bit of a circus when we "come to town", and now we have another "entertainer" to add to the cast. Although he slept peacefully in his seat... I'm thinking that the prints that surrounded the little guy may be precursors to the "wild side" that characterizes true adventurers in the LORD's army. We do know he will be that.

KG couldn't help but call my attention to fact that he was "holding onto her hand".... such hands! Another one with surprisingly long and agile hands, much like we said of our TRD! I remember the old wive's tales about long fingers on women as designations of great aplomb with the keyboards... wonder if there is one about little boys?

To finish these days (and they are weekly trip... literally!)... our sweet sweet helpers know the drill.... Ice cream with multi colored sprinkles for all the kids except TSC.... he gets whipped cream with sprinkles..... yes....he will eat the whole thing.

I was quite lucky to get this picture before the final round....

As I said... this was never planned to be a tradition, but I sorta like it that for the last 30 years our newborns get introduced at this warm and familiar place that has cared for and about our family for years! Thank you friends!
PS... I cannot close this post without saying how much we will miss "Misssss Mawgaweet" (Marguerite Greer) who took up residence with our Lord last Saturday. Her funeral today touched my heart, and I don't think I'll ever walk into the casual lounge without thinking of her dignified yet lilting English accent greeting us so warmly. Truly these are not just part of our "club" experience, they are part of our family!