Friday, March 19, 2010

"Poppy, do ya need some help?"

After our Sunday lunch, Poppy headed out to the truck to change a tire.
Before I knew it, 3 little guys were headed out the door.
They saw TOOLS... and work to be done!
"Can we help ya Poppy?"
I think Troy had assumed he'd change the tire and be back in before anyone missed him:)
But there was a greater plan in motion... one of those "teachable moments".

Each little guy got a turn at using the jack to lift a BIG TRUCK off the ground.
(let's talk about a power rush with that:)))
Then each got to use the thingy that undoes the bolts...
AGAIN... tools! Boys... a timeless combination!

Then the demographics changed...
Girls can change tires too!
And I noticed....
Poppy was wearing one of my favorite shirts!



YES LORD....
I ask this too....
"PROTECT THIS HOUSE"
..... what fun learning simple things can be?
maybe it took a little longer to change this tire, but
WOW... can the memory be purchased at any price?
I think not!