Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Attack of the Guinea Bird!!!

I suppose I should have had a clue when Vinney did not meet me with his regular trilling and excited flutters for his morning seed and grass....
I was oblivious to the signals he was directing my way.... as I went about getting his seed from the can on his pen....
May I say.... don't mess with a guinea bird in the midst of springtime madness!
They are a force with which to be reckoned...
His words to me were unmistakable... Is there a guinea Mafia I'm thinking?
"Just back off lady...
I don't care if you do this everyday....
THIS IS A NEW DAY...
This is Vinney the Guinea's turf and you are in it!
Just drop the millet slowly and back out the way you came in!"
After firing a warning shot to my shoulder, I decided he was serious.... I left
NOT SLOWLY.... BUT VERY DELIBERATELY!
I think I'll be throwing his seed and grass into his "turf" for the next few days...
at least until the twitterpated antics of Spring begin to cool his jets!
AHHHHH.... the safety of the garden!!!
I do think it is high time these birds flew the coop!
(literally I mean... we've taken the top of their pen and they are FREE!
but a guinea's nature is highly suspicious! Today's episode was yet another
reminder of this fact!:)))
Vinney the Guinea is a formidable feathered foe!
**I do wonder if Pearl has eggs somewhere back in that pen???
didn't get the time or the inclination to check:)**