Thursday, March 11, 2010

FBC FLC Men's League once again:)

I love it that this is the HOUSE
in which they play!
It begins with PRAY!
then the rules.... no tolerance for flagrant violations or for language!
no matter if you like it or not....
THOSE are the RULES of this HOUSE!
How many years have Troy's feet run this court?
I know that when it opened, and David Leyerle was the administrator,
Troy's picture was hung all around the walls with so many various teams.
I know that on the night Emily was born (over 30 years ago!!) David called Troy to ask
if he was going to make the game!!!!
I know that each year he coached one or both of the girl's bball teams in the kid's league,
and NOW
Here we go again!
2 teams.... one made of some of his MWF guys and the other
mostly our JN Indians and a couple others thrown in for regular substitution!
I love the sign that has ALWAYS been there right over the heads of the competitors!

Fun to see Will compete on the same team as Troy....
Well.... not so unusual... he and Jeff already play on the same team....
this time it's just a different "court"!

Oh the familiar sight this is....
yep... not everyone does a jump shot from outside anymore...
but this is my guy!
I love it that some things NEVER CHANGE!
and yes,
it is quite possible that basketball could be a "lifetime sport":)
And lest I leave it out!!!
One of the greatest joys for me was THIS!!
The mommies who had played themselves,
and the kids who are usually the ones watched,
were now the WATCHERS
the ones cheering their Daddies (and Poppy) on to victory!
"THAT'S MY DADDY!"
sweet!