Sunday, February 7, 2010

SURPRISE Ellena Kristin... We're glad you are 30!!

***WARNING.... LONG POST, MANY PICTURES... enter at your own RISK:))))
I think it was a real surprise!!
**Batterup Cakes of Tuscola did cake... Cortnie Carpenter and Marca Gibson**
Mainly because when you plan something 3 days before, there is little chance that anything
SLIPS!!
Unless of course your mom wears different earrings:))))
(sorta reminds me of a little 2 year old that says to her dad as he puts her to bed,
"what cha been eating... I smell chocolate!)
Em had sent out texts and fb messages... I'd sent 4 e-mails (of which 2 were returned~:(
sooooo... we had no idea who got the word and who didn't... we'd just wait and see!
Message said... "bring kids...(fed) and the WHOLE family is welcomed!)
This is one of my favorites... One of the Cadjew boys(I think) is being so very patient (although he is being watched like a hawk on his left) in waiting for Elly to arrive... savoring the moment
when the jelly beans, gummies, cheese ball, and CAKE were
FAIR GAME!!!
As Jeff hung the balloons that would spill over our girl... MANY (especially the little niece in the foreground) watched with rapt attention his
ascent to the heights of the ladder! Young and stable... that's our Moosey!
SURPRISE!!!
Silver balloons poured over Elly and sprang from the hands of all the children!
As Will prayed blessings over our daughter, his bride, young boys watched...
a husband's prayer of thanks for his wife is a precious and beautiful thing...
something for young boys to emulate (someday)!
Happy birthday Eddy!!! (we know it is 4 days early... and I know I said it would be a
Super Bowl party... BUT...oh well)
We love you!


Notice: "hear no evil"... "speak no evil".... where is "see"??? and yes, it was a bit chilly!
Not sure why this balloon keeps following right beside me????
Cody and Elly have close birthdates, and because I saw his "old man coverall" cake
(also done by BatterUp Cakes)...
we choose our neighbors and old HS friends to do the cake.
Cody had all the guys attend his 30th in old man coveralls and old man velcro shoes...
He then required a new address for himself of
"MR. CADJEW"...
HILARIOUS Cody... and sooooo creatively YOU!
Glad you helped us celebrate Elly's in your "old man" clothes:)))
complete with wrap around sun shades!
PLUS... I must say... this little guy of yours with the chocchip cookie all over his face,
well..... he steals everyone's heart... oh yeah... much the charmer as his dad:)
Our soon to be a Dad, Will T, is honing his skills in the jump castle!
Another balloon situation with many other activities available to willing participants!

This Young Duncan... does NOT look like a safe way of retrieving a wayward balloon!
Mommy... can I dance with you?
Do you just imagine the response???
Immediate and heart bursting YES!
And thus ensued the Daddy Daughter lessons and Dancing!

Validation of who we are comes from a variety of sources,
and one of the best is to know we are loved unconditionally as we
are held in the ARMS of our FATHER!!
How sweet it is for me to see.... this love played out over the stage of
life and generations... Fathers and Daughters
PS... I love my Daddy too... still after all these years, I remember dancing with my Dad!
and watching him waltz with my mom... spinning swirling and secure!
below:::: I see you DWAYNE!!!
Time to pack up and get the kids to bed!
So good to share this time with special heart friends!
....as the "old men" gather in the back corner to hash out the problems of the week!
... moms chat and get ready to leave (again and again they "get ready" as one child or another scrambles out of arms and back into the play warehouse:)
It was a fun birthday surprise for all of us my precious one!!!
Fun Family
Fun Friends
Happy evening!
Happy 30th birthday my "little one" :)