Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day at PK



FATHER'S day is again at PK....(exactly the same place last year!)
*16 people,
*bright neon yellow waterproof cast
("don't worry, if it gets dark, I'll just hold up my arm!")
*Nerf dart gun war instead of big sticks
*fishing on the dock till wee hours of morning
*KG, Ried, and Ry got up and TRAVELed on the skis!!!
*Big guys on BIG TUBES and
*BIG fish!!!
*secret recipe bait
*EE and I hang out and play...
not much longer and she gets to join the lake fun!!!
(I cherish the time that I get to be "my Tahtee by my Pieya!")
Watching out for any "bad guys"... notice the weapons that are probably more than 40 years old!
Eric gave them to Em and El many many years ago... and here they are yet again in the hands of able bodied and READY warriors!

Encouragement everywhere~~
"This is how my dad taught me!"
(Mom is back at the house on this run!!!...
perhaps better to see it after they come home all in one piece???)

Time for a single run!
You never know who is watching...
waiting, and learning from "your turn"!
I think the special recipe was most enticing to some rather large carp!
Fun to catch, but NO we don't eat them!!!
Our potatoes were terrific with the help of two tiny almost 2 year old hands helping!

"Just exacly WHY are we over in this boat with the girls PopT?"
Happy Father's Day guys....
It was a weekend of guys being guys, and girls being girls!!!
Always good to know just who we are
AND
Who we are TO those coming behind us!
Thanks Nana and Pop for having the foresight
(vision beyond one's own)
to plant us at PK! We still love it!