Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sponteniety, the good the bad and the ugly!!!

SERENDIPITY!!!

SPONTENEITY!!!

THE GOOD: Birthday's chosen by the LORD! welcome Morgan Samuel

The first words Curt said to me with THE CALL were

"Tahtee... I HAVE A SON!"

I'll not forget the sound of his voice! NEVER...
so proud, yet so tenderly humbled!

THE NOT SO GOOD: the "natives got restless" and when out in full regalia can be a daunting force with which to be reckoned!

(I was assigned "guard" duty at one point, and I do believe I was immenently in danger of being tied up with a battery of french fries lofted from the back seat!

really, one came sailing over and I got suspiciously on guard after the

subsequent giggles :)))))

I got the text from sweet Bethany... today is the day!
Troy had a previous engagement: yes GOLF...but said... GO! so I made plans for a quick surprise trip to Lubbock! I wanted to touch and hug my Bethany/Curt/Aden and now our newest friend, Morgan Samuel!

Called Em... told her my plans... she said...
"Wait a minute, I'm calling Elly, maybe we could all go and I can see Kristi!"
(she'd been yearning... wierd word "yearning" huh".... do you "yearn"?... Seinfeld huh?)

to see her precious friend's new home, and even more to just see her heart bound friend!
BUT...

"the best laid plans"

which I must confess I had no plans!

Hot museum,

(we were trying to "kill a little time waiting for Curt's call)

nausea at an African Omni, hungry tired kiddos, NO NAPS.... NO NAPS....

NO NAPS....

and yet..... a NEW BABY!!! and oh so wonderful friends!!!!

My girls were ready to just go back to Abilene with only me getting to meet the newest most recent treasure from Heaven, Morgan!
But I left my camera... someone had to go get it.... I stayed in the car with the restless bunch

(see early part of post about ambush from back seat:)

and KG with Mom and Aunt in tow got to hold this boy his first day on earth!
THESE are blessings that are only available at that moment!
The day of our entry to earth is a once in a lifetime day

(I know Bethany... praise God! not another 9lb14oz delivery!!!)
He's beautiful Howells.... it was a treasured moment that we are blessed to share!

NOW>>>>>>>

guess we will just have to have another jaunt to Lubbock!!!

and this time.... with swimsuits, vests, and happy troopers in tow!

I WANNA SEE KRISTI'S new house!

(guess that was my regret of this otherwise precious day....

oh yes... I think we'll NOT do another Omni Theater event EVER again!!!)