I've been considering the question:
What is a "house"?
We hear...
I'm going to the house.
This is the house of God.
Where is your house.
What things does this house?
then...
there is the definition most Europeans understand better than we Americans
(although as Obama was inaugurated yesterday I heard the definition alluded to... as Ted Kennedy was taken by ambulance... someone spoke of the "Kennedy HOUSE")...
like the royal family is the house of Windsor...
we are members of a "house".
In my contemplation, I started looking through some of my own physical family's heritage.
... not a prophetic visual at all!
My grandad was one of the first mule team drivers to carry some of the first oil rigs across Texas.
One of my Dad's best stories is about his rescue of a small deer that he raised by hand feeding it from a coke bottle with a nipple attached. I remember always crying at the thought of my dad as a little boy having to take his home raised deer back into the woods to release it knowing that it would probably not make it in the wild... yet, because the Park Ranger was going to enforce the law about wild animals being kept... my dad had to comply. It still makes me cry.
My grandad was one of the first mule team drivers to carry some of the first oil rigs across Texas.
One of my Dad's best stories is about his rescue of a small deer that he raised by hand feeding it from a coke bottle with a nipple attached. I remember always crying at the thought of my dad as a little boy having to take his home raised deer back into the woods to release it knowing that it would probably not make it in the wild... yet, because the Park Ranger was going to enforce the law about wild animals being kept... my dad had to comply. It still makes me cry.There is legacy here...
There is heritage...
I'm blessed to be able to see these precious ones from my past...
it makes my present more real and allows me to know
I am from the house of Hunter....
but more importantly...
I am a member of the House of God!






