Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lori, Laura, Lag-time & reunion

FIRST let me say.... I will not be posting any except the 5 pics below of the JNHS reunion weekend as per request... there WILL be many blogs of those who attended this spectacularly successful event... be sure to check them (many are included in my side bar as regularly updated blogs... Elly, Laura, Megan and Emily in particular).... that said, let me come to the REASON
(do I need one?) for this particular post.
Recently a blogger friend posed a question that I've heard and considered myself,
I will paraphrase Lori's query:
Blogging, is it good, bad, inconsequential, or something else? AND;
Am I, in partaking of this possibly addictive behavior, good, bad, inconsequential,
or something else?
I propose the answer is the "something else"! and this past weekend, for me, was a visual representation of that stance I take.
It was the weekend of the 10 JNHS reunion... there were only a few over 60 in the class itself, BUT
I'd venture to guess that there were well over 2/3 in attendance
(not counting spouses and children)
Curious to me... how did this reunion unite?

I suggest to you, based on talking with many of the participants, that it was through the connections of the internet via Facebook and the blogspot.
Friends who may not have seen each other since the day they walked the, then new, JN gymnasium floor barefoot for diplomas, until this weekend.
No time was lost in reconnecting because there had been continuous pinball communication since the time the date was set.
It flowed easily as the old friends "touched" again and rekindled the
flame of friendship born of shared experience.

The newest additions had no trouble adjusting to the flow and easily joined the "family",

the "community" of friends.

Even if there needed to be a considered look to find that common ground... soon, because of the familiar ground (not to mention being in Daddy's arms), the connections were made.

If you'd walked onto the scene, it might be really hard to decide who "belonged" to whom as this playground which once felt the feet of the adults in attendance

now felt the similar cadence of their children.

Truthfully, I must answer the initial question with a validated opinion...

Blogging CAN BE a very good thing...

IF

it is used and maintained as a healthy means of communication sans the loss of eye to eye,

or hug to hug! (those are without compare and, in my opinion, non-negotiable)

This relatively new tool allowed instant ignition in reuniting for this reunion.

THERE WAS NO LAG TIME!!!!!

*and now... briefly... let me ask you.... do you see (as do I) what this means in the spiritual? What this could mean in terms of the unification of the Body? What this might mean for a group of serious "warriors" in the middle of a "war"? NO LAG TIME!!! think about it... I'm just loving the way God is working*

And one last thing.... You are right Justin.... "some things NEVER change!"

Thank you dear ones for allowing me yet another glimpse into the precious lives of some of my FAVORITE people of all time! I truly cherish each of you...

You make Troy's and my heart smile!

I'd love to hear your thoughts! ANYTIME!!!

*note: Wade and James.... BOOK... WRITE.... (or video/record)*

(and on second thinking, Wade you could write AND illustrate keeping everything "inhouse" ;)