Guess I'd better come by sometime today to see if I'd have won my bet huh?
Happy 77th birthday Dad........you are a great POP! I pray God's richest blessings over you, and that of course, is what I've always heard you ask of Him... "Lord give us wisdom!"
Yes, Lord I agree......each of us!
We love you Pop! bunches and bunches!
*and lest we forget..... were'nt we all taking pink geraniums from FBC on this night in 1978?
the church was filled with all the people who knew that this was the kind of couple from a fairytale!
(unlike my wonderfully unique longhaired, tattered cutoffs, foomanchu, by the seat of your pants, hippie hooligan...*the safest hooligan I ever knew* ... taking a hothouse flower from it's protected greenhouse... EVERYONE KNEW you two were meant for each other)
The beautiful princess from a Texas oilfield family marrying the handsome athletic prince from one of the pillars of the community in the banking business... I remember mom making some sort of comment about oil, banking and cattle.... that seems like a long time ago, but I think you are still a great couple. AND..... lest we forget.... I wanted him in the family before you did.... I knew he would be a great completion for you, and you for him.
Baseball, education, and HSU were good connections!
(do you think Mom and Dad knew that our college education would bring them sons too?)
Happy Anniversary Pam and Philip... may you have more blessed and truly happy years ahead.



