Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Treasure Hunt 08

Meet at Eric the Red at 11:30AM sharp... that was the cryptic message left with the mommies on the Eve of Easter 2008. There will be THE STORY, hidden treasure, and eventually lunch under the old oaks at the back of the land...
Eric is not too far from the house. It is a big old red oak so named by Ellena because of his brilliant Fall attire... Eric the Red, was our meeting point on this special Saturday before Easter Sunday.
After hearing (notice, I didn't say LISTENING)... to the first part of the Easter story, we began our pilgrimage to the back... I told them... look for treasure along the way... you never know what you'll find... just like the ladies going to the tomb. They'd been told by Jesus that in 3 days He would rise again,
but I'm thinking they weren't so sure as they took the trek
to the tomb that day...

When they got there,

prayers they had yet to pray had already been answered....

no longer was a stone covering the tomb... and greeting them may have been one of the same ones who announced HIS birth...

"for unto you a child is born..."... and today...

"a SAVIOUR given"... it is Christ the LORD!

Each child on our pilgrimage wrote a prayer and placed it in a jar along with a "jewel" they'd discovered on our route to the prayer chapel.

We dug in the sand, found animal tracks by the tank, ate sandwiches on the big rocks, and watched Shiloh laugh as his daddy poured water over his head.

I think we all were anointed today as we started a tradition.....

a pilgrimage... a treasure hunt.....a special time of remembering what this season is about.

I thank our Lord for His perfect gift...

for His sacrifice and for the right He gave me to be called His......

I'm loving being a part of all of you who love our Lord...

we ARE HIS BODY, and HE IS ALIVE and COMING SOON.

HOSANNA!

(don't you love that word?

I never hear it anywhere except in reference to holy times..... HOSANNA!!!)