Saturday, August 7, 2021

Can we pray amiss?

Do NOT say "it is God" when it might not line up with His Word, His Way or His TRUTH!! It could just be your way, your will and your idea of truth. Make sure that you have ask, sought and knocked on those doors completely before attributing "will"!!

When Emma was a tiny little one and we were about to go to Scottish Rite for Idiopathic Infantile Scoliosis, Sam was in town to speak. Troy and I, with Elly and Will's permission had asked him to pray over Emma... his response to me was... "let me pray into this and I'll let you know"... he then came back and said... "God has not told me not to pray for this outcome so yes, I absolutely would love to pray healing of Emma's spine."
At first I thought... that was a strange response... shouldn't we always pray when asked? Perhaps it was not just to pray, but the prayer for something specific?? I still think about this.
Emma's spine is perfect and probably straighter than anyone who never dealt with this. God is responsible for this healing I totally believe. 

I often wonder what "praying amiss" means. Can prayer ever be wrong?