Monday, April 6, 2009

I won't cook lamb again!!!!

"I am soooo glad that we live under GRACE and not the law"....
this said by my wonderful teacher daughter as she prepared a "shank of lamb",
unleavened bread, bitter herbs, and other Passover elements and explained their part in
the Passover Feast.
Troy quickly retrieved the offensive element that had been roasting during naptime.
Everyone at the C house had decided something had to go... the lamb or the kids...
sooo.... Poppy was the rescuer...
and none too soon I might add! Lamb is NOT our favorite food!
"What makes this night so different?"
" Here try this boys...
Jesus would have had some of this when He ate Passover meals with His family"....
KG explained to her little brother and cousin.
and NO.. not all of what we did this night had to do with teaching about the Passover,
some of it was learning a bit more about each other and what we've been called to be as
brothers and sisters in the body.
.... we can be so different, and yet, the ties that bind will do so for
purposes beyond our understanding~
"Tahtee, can I cut the chocolate cake??? I know just how to do it, so don't you worry!"
I didn't, and when I saw the cake, a big smile just couldn't help but split my face!
My beautiful servant of a granddaughter certainly had cut desserts before, but clearly
those desserts were of the rounder, pie shaped sort!
I just love it... had to have her mom take a picture before we served the dessert!
Then, as we adults talked about Christmas, Easter, Passover, and calendars....
These precious ones watched
THE LONE RANGER!!!!
I am so thankful for each part that I meet of Christ's church, His body, His bride.
I love it that we are all so unique and individual...
I love it that the Creator, was infinitely creative with us... allowing us
such wonderful opportunities to be more than we could ever be on our own!
"I praise God for every remembrance of you"....
Hope your Palm Sunday was as blessed as mine!
looking forward to a week that brings FREEDOM and NEW LIFE!
and mom.... I would have loved to have heard Brahms Requiem...
I know it was
a night to remember!
... and I must add... our little EE has decided that unleavened bread is one of her
FAVORITE FOODS!!!!!