Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentines 09: Friends, Golf, Pink Jeeps, and Rainbows on my wrist

Valentine's weekend this year was spent in Scottsdale Arizona area
Art was everywhere... Indian as well as bronze and glass!

Gaye and I made all kinds of new friends!
Some we warmed too more easily than others.

Amazing... the typical Native American Storytellers (that I've always loved) seemed to have
new renditions in the shops we frequented.
There were several Jewish storytellers... many to match their shop owner's religious
preferences.
And food.... so many different restaurants....
this one was a recommendation from Rich and Sue via Elly and Will...
When they asked if we wanted to be on the stage,
I might have chosen otherwise had I first observed the unique person watching over our table.
Troy and Randy gave up one of their ALL DAY golf adventures to do the pink jeep tour of
Sedona....
You'd have thought a pink jeep might be for sissies...
Let me assure you otherwise!
Gaye and I have the bumps and bruises remaining 5 days later to testify to the
REAL JEEP adventure!
Please Gaye... wear the seat belts all the time next time we go!
I prefer to have a seat all to myself!

By the mid point of the trail... Troy and I were mere shadows of the people who began the
trek!
Must we get back in the jeep Troy??? Let's just walk back, I think I can!
But then upon reconsideration, I suppose I should think about how I am going to get over that
particular summit!
Curt, where are you when I need a billet???? (is that how you spell of what I speak?)
This picture is one of the funniest ones I've ever seen..
okay, you may not see it, but I just have to laugh
every time I look at Randy down there on the lower level of rocks.
Where in the world does he think he's going?
and at such a rate???
There are NO bathrooms here... just ask our guide
Does anyone notice something strange here?
NOW don't be silly.... I'm not talking about Gaye and Randy's hats.
This is Arizona... where people go for warm weather in the winter...
It's winter... IT IS NOT WARM!!!!
Golf.... golf... and more golf...
any time any where, any day you want!
and these two had all day passes!



Yes... he really is talking on the cell phone and making a putt!
or maybe it is really a chip... or whatever... the point is the way he's doing it!
He's always told me that he's a multi tasker!!
There could be a problem here :)


Valentine's dinner
The Morton's Steak House
AMAZING!!
thank you Jim for the recommendation,
WE loved it!
Steak, lobster, asparagus, hot apple pie,
and
champagne with hibiscus blossoms
lovely!
again with the multi-tasking!!!
even at Valentine's dinner!
TROY...
are you there
TROY???
To friends... the kind that God puts in unexpected places...
like the parents of your daughter's husband!
cool huh?
Then back home to the ones we most like to text!
even in the same room...
it's fun to see the written word from
the ones we love!
"I love you PoppT... do you know who this is yet?"
"I surely do KG... I love to get text messages from you
any time... your words touch our hearts
whether they come from your
mouth or your fingers!"
It was a good Valentine's with friends,
but it was
good to be back home too!
Happy Valentine's Day to all our precious friends and family!