Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My Ellena is 29 today!

First Baptist Church had its baby dedication at Easter this year.
Believe it or not, the boy next to the Longacres is named John Wayne.
We were all such proud young mommies and Daddies! Look at our faces.
We took at trip to Coleman this year...
it would be the last time Mimi would see you my little one, but we didn't know that then...
we just loved getting to see yours and Em's great grandmother.
She sat you on her bed... the one in the room with the twin beds where she slept.
The front bedroom with the chenille blanket (you have a teddy bear made from it) was kept
for guests.
Em loved the little porcelain doll, and tried her best to interest you...
You, just sat there charming us all, as usual!

For your birthday... I just had to invite a little of our Mim to the celebration.

She loved them you know!
So her rose plate held the pink and red cookies that KG picked out.
You were supposed to be a Valentine's baby... but as a precursor to the rest of your life,
You came 4 days earlier than your 2 week early scheduled birthday.
I think you've always liked things done in your time table!

But that's just fine my precious one...
I wouldn't change one thing about you!
You captured my heart then...
when the Lord sang your song into my life,
and today, you are still at it!
Happy Birthday my precious little one.... You are "the only one of your kind"....
like the song you and Em sang so often
"I'm something special,
I'm the only one of my kind...
God gave me a body, and a
bright healthy mind....
He had a special purpose that
He wanted me to find,
so He made me something special...
I'm the ONLY ONE OF MY KIND!"
Yes, you are.... and we like it that way!