He knows the beginning from the end......(and all in between)
the things of the Lord make sense in the light of eternal sort of circular thinking.
This was my morning....the sunrise was golden
(this photo has no enhancement, it was the natural light of our Lemons Gap morning.)
This particular tree has such a strange history.
It was bought 3 years ago with it's neighbor as nectarine trees.....the one true to it's genetics produces maybe 3 fruits total, and they are a scrawny tasteless lot I can tell you....
but THIS SURPRISE... oh my mercy pearl!!! such peaches.
It bows it's limbs with the weight of the treasured fruits. Not just peaches...
they are WHITE freestone peaches.
This year, it seemed the best were the ones highest on the tree.\
Maybe it is this way every year,
but this is the first year we got to see them before the birds had their feast!
We were leaving shortly and had been watching for the ripest ones... hoping they'd be ready before vacation. Today... KG and I picked a bushel! and then set about peeling, pitting, and freezing the sweet jewels.
She told me...
"Tahtee, I think God put the best ones highest so they'd be
closer to Him and He could smell how sweet they are." Good reason huh?
We've decided that each one of the gallon bags we froze will make a big ole cobbler...
perfect for cold winter days by the fireplace.
(nice to think about right now as today was 108 and sweltering!)
Cook a roast or a pot of chicken and dumplings and hummmummm good...
what a comfort meal?! I'm with you KG... they sure smell good,
no wonder the sweetest ones are the hardest to get to!
(hummmm I'm thinking that this may be the case with more than peaches:)
Do you see the common thread to my beginning and end.......???
it's okay if you don't ...
I just thought it so like my Jesus to begin and end on a harmonious note from the melody of life.



